UK National Coordinator
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
Area 3B, Nobel House, 17 Smith Square, London, SW1P 3JR.
UK NANoREG Steering Group
The UK NANoREG Steering Group is an advisory body comprising representatives from the UK’s regulatory, industrial, standards and research communities. The Group has been established to advise and provide a challenge function with respect to the UK’s strategic approach to the Project.
The Steering Group aims to
- guide the National Coordinator in identifying relevant UK challenges and regulatory priorities to be pursued through the Project.
- contribute to the development of, and formally endorse the Strategic UK approach to NANoREG.
- advise on specific issues and decisions relating to the implementation of the strategic UK approach, providing an appropriate degree of challenge based on members’ independent scientific and regulatory expertise.
- provide advice to the National Coordinator on specific issues, especially on whether matters should be escalated to the NANoREG Management Committee.
- review progress made by the Project and consider how this contributes to the strategic UK approach. This function will be facilitated by the UK National Coordinator bringing appropriate summary level information to the Group’s early attention.